NJ Supported Services
The Middlesex County Educational Services Commission provides the following to students who attend St. James Elementary School:
- Compensatory Education - Grades Kindergarten through 8 -Students whose Math and/or Reading test scores show the need for remedial help are eligible for the Comp-Ed Program. Students who participate in the Comp-Ed Program are responsible for the work they miss when they are not in class.
- Speech - Students who are recommended by the teacher are screened and receive speech therapy as it is needed.
- Supplemental Instruction - Students who have been classified by the Child-Study Team or who have learning disabilities are eligible for special instruction.
- Child Study Evaluation - Students who have problems learning may be recommended by the teacher or parent for a comprehensive learning evaluation. Results are discussed with parents, teachers and the administration.
- Home Instruction - Any student who must remain out of school for more than two weeks is eligible for home instruction. In order to receive this service, parents must submit a form from the doctor.